View a message from our Chief Executive Officer and get to know our board members.
Message From The CEO
It gives me great pleasure to welcome you to the Interior Community Services (ICS) website. These are exciting yet challenging times at ICS and my hope is our portal creates an opportunity for our valued visitors to learn more about our leading edge operations, strategies, services, sustainability initiatives and values of the organization. The website is part of our commitment to transparency an open communication to all our stakeholders as well as to the wider public interested in our programming.
ICS has continued to grow its programs and develop it’s partnerships to better serve others. ICS’s most valuable resources, staff and volunteers, continue to innovate and strengthen the array of services the agency provides every year to individuals and families with a variety of needs in our community.
My leadership of the agency is guided by my belief that staff teams will do their best work if they are part of a healthy, inclusive organization that values authentic relationships.
Tracy Hoot – President
Board Member since 1996
- Assistant Professor, School of Nursing, Thompson Rivers University
- Basketball Referee (including wheelchair)
Raymond Jolicoeur – Vice-President
Board Member since June 2010
- Advertising Consultant-Kamloops This Week
- Founder Edge Consulting, Echo Newspapers
- Volunteer In Sports and Social capacity since 1991
- City of Kamloops Distinguished Service Award Recipient
Sushma Plested – Secretary
Board Member since 2002
- Interior Health Authority
- Sessional faculty, School of Nursing, Thompson Rivers University
- Sushma brings to this organization a rich cultural background by virtue of her experiences in different countries and different cultural background both through her work as well as volunteering with a desire to enrich and empower the communities she was involved with.
W. Mackenzie Kanigan BBA, CPA, CGA - Treasurer
Board Member since September 2013
- Financial Planning Manager, City of Kamloops
- Active board member within the local community involved with multiple organizations as board treasurer and vice president.
Ron Maguire - Director
Board Member since December 2007
- Retired Businessman
- Resident of Kamloops since 1961
- Director of Kamloops Sports Legacy Fund
- 2010 City of Kamloops Freemen Designation
Vern Frudd - Director
Board Member since March 2010
- Minister, Free Methodist Centennial Chapel
- Member Kamloops Ministerial Association
- Pastoral Care - RIH
George Campbell - Director
Board Member since May 2012
- Businessman - Owner of Overland Press
- Member of Kamloops Rotary and BC Interior Community Foundation
Bob Smillie – Director
Board Member since March 2014
- Retired Physician
- Executive Director of Kamloops Blazers Sports Society
- Member of Kamloops Hospice Association Board
Everett Hoisington - Director
Board Member Since November 2015
- Mill Operations for Teck Highland Valley Copper
- Ranching, Logging & Mining
- Proud husband and a proud father of three boys
Kaitlyn Cumming – Director
Board Member since May 2016
- Lawyer at Fulton & Company LLP, graduated with a Juris Doctor from the University of Alberta in 2015
- Developing a litigation practice in municipal, commercial, employment and personal injury law
- Attended the University of Victoria in the Bachelor of Commerce program prior to law school
- Player and executive member of the Kamloops Rugby Club
- Player on the British Columbia Senior Women’s 15s and 7s rugby teams
- Volunteer at ASK Wellness, previous volunteer work at the Victoria Immigrant and Refugee Centre Society, the Calgary Food Bank, and Calgary Legal Guidance.
- Completed a low income & the law practicum with Legal Aid Alberta in the area of criminal law