Family Support Worker - Supervised and Supportive Visitation
- Temporary Full-time
Interior Community Services is looking to fill the temporary full-time position of Family Support Worker in our Supervised and Supportive Visitation program in Kamloops, BC. This position is responsible for ensuring the safety of children visiting their parents and/or family members and for providing coaching, modeling, and education to parents on appropriate parenting and maintaining healthy relationships. Frequent travel within the contract service area is required. Must have own vehicle and safe driving record.
This position duration expected is 4 months.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma in Human/Social Service field and recent related experience in providing parenting support/coaching. Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Must have a valid Class 5 driver’s license, safe driving record and own reliable vehicle insured with business use and 5 million liability insurance.
- Current CPR level C is required
- Suicide Intervention and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (CPI) training are provided.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in coaching and modeling appropriate parenting, healthy attachment and healthy relationships
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building and communication skills. Must be able to address sensitive issues with parents in a professional and respectful manner while still building a strong working relationship with the clients.
- Strong observation, and documentation skills
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate good time management
- Knowledge of issues related to grief and loss, family violence, child abuse and neglect, substance abuse, mental health and developmental issues, and cultural diversity
- Demonstrated skills in therapeutic methods and interventions related to individuals/families
- Ability to assess and identifying family, strengths, risks and challenges and intervene appropriately
- Strong ability to provide crisis management when required
- Ability to work collaboratively with social workers and community professionals
- Demonstrated professionalism, analytical thinking, ethical decision making and accountability
- Strong conflict management skills
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to the Code of Ethics, confidentiality, policies and values of ICS
- Must be able to travel frequently.
OTHER: This position is 37.5 hrs/week (flexible schedule may be required to accommodate client needs).
This position is temporary and is expected to be 4 months. Pay starts at $20.05/hr as per the
Applicants must provide satisfactory supervisory references and criminal record checks (both RCMP and Ministry of Justice).
Please submit resume with cover letter by 4:30pm April 23rd, 2018 to email@example.com