The Support to Family Care Network
- Provides mandatory training for foster parents including the Pre Service Orientation for new foster parents and the provincial education program
- Establishes foster parent community groups in each area for peer support and mentoring opportunities
- Helps to strengthen retention of foster parents by offering relevant training to the communities served such as Safe Babies, Non-Violent Crisis Prevention and Intervention, and Grief and Loss
- Provides support during a protocol investigation or resolution of issues
- Where possible, helps to create locals for the Federation of BC Youth In Care Networks for youth in or from government care
The staff at the Support to Family Care Network work with the Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD), Delegated Aboriginal Agencies and First Nations bands.
Who Is Eligible?
- All foster parents who care for foster children and youth, including special needs children are eligible.
- People who foster for MCFD, Delegated Aboriginal Agencies or First Nations bands within our service area are elgible.
Click on the picture above to read the Support to Family Care Network 2017 Program Impact Statement