The priority of the Acadia program is to broaden the framework of the
“Housing First” model to accommodate the broad range of young people’s
needs and to provide them with housing and appropriate supports as soon
The program provides
- Immediate access to housing with no preconditions
- Youth choice and self-determination
- Positive youth development orientation
- Individualized and client-driven supports
- Social and community integration
Who Is Eligible?
Youth ages 17 – 24 who are homeless or at risk of homelessness are eligible.
How To Refer:
Youth can complete an intake application with any one of the Kamloops Youth Housing First Wrap Force committee members who provide a community centralized housing intake for at risk or homeless youth and the holistic support needed to sustain housing.