Adult Living Support Workers
Interior Community Services is looking to fill a part-time overnight position within an Adult Living Residential program.
The Adult Living Support Worker provides care to adults with moderate to severe behavioral and developmental challenges in a home setting to support them to live to their fullest potential.
Responsibilities include reponding effectively to the client’s needs and behaviors, carrying out the behavioral support and safety plan, administering medications, performing personal care, feeding, connecting and supporting individuals within the community, building on capabilities and strengths, and accompanying and transporting on outings/activities/appointments. This role is also responsible for household tasks such as shopping, cooking, cleaning and general maintenance of the home and yard.
REQUIRED EDUCATION,TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma in related Human/Social Service field and related experience working with individuals with moderate to severe behavioural and developmental challenges. Or equivalent education, training and experience.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license and safe driving record (abstract)
- Own vehicle with Business Use/3 Million insurance may be required
- Current certification Emergency (Community Care) First Aid with CPR
- TB test showing free from TB
- Medication Management, Safe Food Handling, Non Violent Crisis Intervention (CPI) and safeTalk training will be provided
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to interact effectively and support individuals with moderate to several behavioural and developmental challenges including individuals with Autism.
- Strong experience providing life skills support and development in the home and community
- Ability to provide appropriate behaviour management intervention by following behavioural/care plans of the individuals
- Ability to provide emotional support by teaching coping techniques and adaptive behaviour to clients.
- Strong ability to recognize, analyze and deal effectively with aggressive behaviours and crisis situations using appropriate interventions, including CPI
- Ability to effectively liaise and communicates between client and their care
- Ability to advocate for the best interests of the individuals
- Ability to support clients in gaining independence
- Ability to perform personal care, feeding, seizure protocols, and medication management
- Ability to follow health and safety protocols and procedures
- Knowledge and skill in connecting individuals with appropriate community resources
- Ability to work effectively independently and as a strong member of a team
- Good communication, documentation, interpersonal and conflict management skills
- Ability to work co-operatively and effectively with other professionals, co-workers and supervisors
HOURS OF WORK:
4 on/4 off Awake Night shift rotation 12am - 8am
SALARY: Pay starts at $20.78 per hour as per collective agreement.
OTHER: Successful applicants must provide satisfactory criminal record checks (RCMP and Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General Vulnerable Sector Search) as well as satisfactory supervisory references.
Please submit resume with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting will remain open until filled.