Adult Living Support Worker
- Temporary Part-time
Interior Community Services is looking to fill multiple temporary part-time positions in a new Adult Living Residential program. Duration expected at this time is for 3 months.
This position provides care to 1 adult with moderate to severe behavioral and developmental challenges in a home setting. Responds effectively to the client’s needs and behaviors, carries out the behavioral plan, administers medications, performs personal care and feeding, connects and supports individual within the community, builds on capabilities, accompanies on outings and appointments. Is responsible for shopping, cooking, cleaning and general maintenance of the home and yard.
REQUIRED EDUCATION,TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma in related Human/Social Service field and related experience working with individuals with moderate to severe behavioural and developmental challenges. Or equivalent education, training and experience.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license, own vehicle with Business Use// 3 Million Liability and safe driving record (abstract)
- Current certifications in CPR-C
- Medication Management, Safe Food Handling, Non Violent Crisis Intervention (CPI) and safeTalk will be provided
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to interact effectively and support individuals with moderate to several behavioural and developmental challenges including individuals with Autism.
- Strong experience providing life skills support and development in the home and community
- Ability to provide appropriate behaviour management intervention by following behavioural/care plans of the individuals
- Ability to provide emotional support by teaching coping techniques and adaptive behaviour to clients.
- Strong ability to recognize, analyze and deal effectively with aggressive behaviours and crisis situations using appropriate interventions, including CPI
- Ability to effectively liaise and communicates between client and their care
- Ability to advocate for the best interests of the individuals
- Ability to support clients in gaining independence
- Ability to perform personal care, feeding, seizure protocols, and medication management
- Ability to follow health and safety protocols and procedures
- Knowledge and skill in connecting individuals with appropriate community resources
- Ability to work effectively independently and as a strong member of a team
- Good communication, documentation, interpersonal and conflict management skills
- Ability to work co-operatively and effectively with other professionals, co-workers and supervisors
HOURS OF WORK:
1. Saturday and Sunday Awake Overnights 12 am – 8 am
2. Friday and Saturday Afternoons 4pm – 12am
SALARY: Pay starts at $19.73 per hour as per collective agreement.
OTHER: Successful applicants must provide satisfactory criminal record checks (RCMP and Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General Vulnerable Sector Search) as well as satisfactory supervisory references.
Please submit resume with cover letter to: email@example.com