Casual Care Aid- Barriere
Interior Community Services is looking to hire casual Care Aids in Barriere, BC.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
· Resident Care Aid or Home Support Worker and one year recent related experience including experience working with seniors with developmental disabilities. Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
· Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid unrestricted Class 4 Driver’s License
· Valid Emergency First Aid with CPR certification
-TB Testing showing free from TB
-CPI, Medical Management and Safe Food Handling training will be provided.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Ability to work independently and as an effective team member
· Ability to do physical requirements of the job - supporting individuals in wheel chairs, walkers etc – lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, constant moving
· Ability to use lift to assist residents in getting in and out of bed
· Good knowledge of medication administration and of related policies and procedures
· Knowledge and ability to follow procedures and techniques to do personal care
· Knowledge and ability to assist residents in activities of daily living and provide life skills development
· Good communication, including good documentation skills
· Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
· Knowledge and ability in supporting individuals in their life within the community
· Knowledge and ability to do home tasks: housekeeping, laundry, meal preparation
· Knowledge of and demonstrated ability to adhere to the Code of Ethics, confidentiality, policies and values of ICS
· Ability to drive van when needed both locally and out of town (requires Class 4 unrestricted license).
OTHER: This is a casual position in which flexible availability to work DAYS, AFTERNOONS and NIGHTS is required.
Casuals must provide a minimum of 12 days of availability per month (4 weekdays, 4 weekends and 4 days of choice). Casuals are booked in advance to cover for vacation, stat holidays, and planned absences and are on-call to cover sick days etc.
Successful applicants must be able to provide a safe driver’s abstract and satisfactory supervisory references and criminal record checks (both RCMP and BC Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General Vulnerable sector).
This position is a member of the HEU union. Pay starts at $19.45/hr. Casuals are paid 10.2% on each pay cheque in lieu of vacation and unworked stats.
Please submit resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Position will remain open until filled