Merritt Casual Community Support Worker
Interior Community Services is currently looking to hire Casual Community Support Workers to work in our Community Inclusion program in Merritt, BC.
- Community Support Worker Certificate or Human Service Diploma and a recent related experience supporting individuals with disabilities and challenging behaviours. Or a combination of training, education and experience.
- A safe drivers abstract, own reliable transportation and valid Class 5 driver’s license is required. Must be able to obtain Business Use/3 million 3rd party liability insurance
- Valid CPR-C
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (CPI), safeTALK, Safe Food Handling, and Medication Management training will be provided.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to interact effectively and support individuals with physical and developmental disabilities
- Strong experience providing life skills support and development
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills and documentation
- Strong ability to recognize, analyze and deal effectively with aggressive behaviours and crisis situations using appropriate interventions
- Strong conflict management and time management skills
- Ability to work co-operatively and effectively with other professionals, co-workers and supervisors
- Strong ability to problem solve, maintain professional boundaries and make ethical decisions
- Ability and comfort in providing personal care
- Ability to work independently to carry out program requirements and client’s care plans
- Knowledge of Medication administration, Seizure management, FASD and Autism is an asset
Casuals must provide a minimum of 12 shifts per month of availability (4 weekdays, 4 weekends and 4 days of choice). Casuals are booked in advance to cover for vacation, stats and planned absences of regular staff and are on-call to cover sick days.
Successful applicants must be able to provide a satisfactory supervisory references and criminal record checks (both RCMP and BC Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General).
SALARY: Hourly rate starts at $19.45hr as per the Collective Agreement.
To apply submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com