Casual Community Support Worker
Are you passionate about ensuring inclusion for everyone?
Do you want to support individuals with disabilities to be the best they can be?
Are you interested in having variety in your work?
Are you interested in being involved in the community?
Are you interested in putting your education and experience to use?
Are you interested in finding an organization to grow with?
Interior Community Services - Kamloops is currently looking to hire Casual Community Support Workers within our Community Living programs.
- Options and Opportunities Day Program
- Community Inclusion & Skill Development
- Home Support for adults with disabilities
- 2 semi-independent homes for adults (one includes 24 hour live-in shifts)
- 2 fully supported home for adults - especially Nights, Afternoons and Weekend availability required
- Community and School Support Certificate or Human Service Diploma and related experience supporting individuals with disabilities. Or a combination of training, education and experience. Experience supporting individuals with Autism is an asset.
- A safe driving record (abstract) and valid Class 5 driver’s license is required.
- Own vehicle and ability to obtain Business Use/3 million 3rd party liability insurance
- Valid Emergency First Aid with CPR-C and TB testing is required
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to interact effectively and support individuals with physical and developmental disabilities
- Strong experience providing life skills support and development
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills and documentation
- Strong ability to recognize, analyze and deal effectively with aggressive behaviours and crisis situations using appropriate interventions
- Strong conflict management and time management skills
- Ability to work co-operatively and effectively with other professionals, co-workers and supervisors
- Strong ability to problem solve and make ethical decisions
- Ability and comfort in providing personal care
- Ability to perform household and yard maintenance duties, including cleaning and cooking
- Ability to work independently to carry out program requirements and client’s care plans
- Knowledge of Medication administration, Seizure management, FASD and Autism is an asset
This is a casual position in which flexible availability is required. Casuals must provide a minimum of 12 days of availability per month (4 weekdays, 4 weekends and 4 days of choice). Casuals are booked in advance to cover for vacation and planned absences of regular staff and are on-call to cover sick days.
Successful applicants must be able to provide a safe driver’s abstract and satisfactory criminal record checks (both RCMP and BC Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General Vulnerable sector).
Wages are set by the collective agreement. Pay rate differs by program and starts at $18.47/hr, $19.73/hr and $238 per 24 hour shift.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org