Casual Youth Support Worker
- Casual, On-Call
- Kamloops, BC
Interior Community Services is looking to hire casual support workers for our Youth Living residential program and our Youth Shelter. Successful candidates will have a strong demonstrated ability to build trusting relationships with youth, have appropriate professional boundaries and a strong ability to respond to a variety of challenging situations and behaviors with appropriate interventions. Flexible availability is required,
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma in Human/Social Service or related field and related experience supporting at risk youth
- Current Emergency (Community Care) First Aid with CPR is required
- MANDT (Non Violent Crisis Intervention), Safe Talk (Suicide Intervention), Medication Management, Naloxone and Safe Food Handling will be provided internally.
- Must have valid Class 5 Driver’s license, and safe driver's abstract.
- TB test showing free from TB
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to interact effectively and support youth with challenging behaviours
- Strong experience providing support, life skills development, interventions and guidance to youth
- Strong ability to recognize, assess and deal effectively with aggressive and / or physically assaultive behaviour and crisis situations
- Strong ability to run and maintaining a home- shopping, cleaning, cooking, yard work, budgeting, and meal planning/prepping
- Strong ability to uphold policies and procedures and ensure behavioural plans are carried out.
- Strong demonstrated ability to develop healthy relationships and boundaries with youth
- Ability to be physically active each day- biking, swimming, walking, skateboarding, hiking etc as outlined in the youth’s treatment plan
- Ability to work co-operatively and effectively with co-workers, supervisor and other professionals
- Strong ability to problem solve and make ethical decisions
- Successful candidates must be able to provide satisfactory supervisory references and satisfactory Criminal Record checks (both MCFD clearances and BC Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General Vulnerable Sector search).
- This is a casual, on call position. Casuals must be available to work a minimum of 12 full days per month (4 weekdays, 4 weekends and 4 days of choice).
- The Kamloops Youth Shelter shifts are scheduled as 7am – 3 pm, 3pm – 11 pm and awake overnight 11 pm – 7 am
- The Youth Living Program shifts are scheduled as 7:30 am - 3:30pm. 3:30 pm - 11:30pm and awake overnight 11:30 pm - 7:30 am
- The Youth Shelter payrate starts at $23.23/hr and Youth Living program payrate starts at $21.92/hr.
Submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting will remain open until filled.