Family Support Worker
Interior Community Services- Merritt is looking to hire a part-time Family Support Worker within our Family Service Program in Merritt, BC. This is an outreach role and works closely with individuals and families to support them in their goals and enhance their parenting skills through various means including coaching sessions and home visits. Strong knowledge, skills and experience related to supporting individuals and families dealing with issues of violence, addictions and mental health is required. Frequent travel is required within our contracted area.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree (preferred) in human/social services and one year of recent related experience. Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Must have a valid Class 5 driver’s license, own reliable vehicle, with Business Use and 3 million liability insurance and safe driving record (abstract).
- Current CPR level C
- Suicide Intervention (safeTALK) and Non Violent Crisis Intervention (CPI ) training will be provided internally
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong communication, documentation and writing skills
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate good time management
- Strong knowledge and skills of implementing current research based theories, methods and interventions related to individuals/families dealing with issues of violence, addictions and mental health
- Ability to assess and identify individual/family strengths, challenges and risks and assist families to determine and achieve goals
- Strong ability to provide crisis management when required
- Strong ability to conduct group facilitations
- Ability to work collaboratively with social workers and community professionals
- Demonstrated professionalism, ethical decision making and accountability
- Strong teamwork, collaboration and conflict management skills
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability to adhere to the Code of Ethics, confidentiality, policies and values of ICS
- Must be able to travel to areas identified within our contracts.
OTHER:16 hours per week. Requires flexibility to work some evenings.
Pay starts at $20.55/hr as per the collective agreement.
Successful candidates must provide a minimum of two satisfactory supervisory references and satisfactory
criminal record checks (both RCMP and Ministry of Justice Vulnerable sector search)
Please submit resume with cover letter by January 18th, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org