Merritt - Early Childhood Educator
- Permanent Part-time
- Merritt, BC
Interior Community Services is looking to fill a permanent-part-time position of Early Years Worker in our office in Merritt, BC. The Early Years Worker will facilitate the Health Beginnings and Family Navigation programs at ICS Merritt.
The Family Navigation program supports vulnerable families who are pregnant and/or have children 0-6 to access needed intervention and support services. Responsibilities include supporting families to navigate systems, providing resources to community services/resources, providing consultation and group facilitation. This position will work collaboratively with other early childhood community resources to reach out to, and educate families (attending other groups etc.).
Healthy Beginnings is a weekly drop-in program for families with children 0-6. Responsibilities include creating early childhood programming, coaching and modeling appropriate parenting, providing childhood development education and community resource referrals. The worker is also responsible for purchasing and preparing snack for the group.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
· Minimum 2 year diploma in Early Childhood Education or Human/Social Services and 2 years related experience (ie. early childhood education/programming/development, support of children with special needs and/or pre/post-natal woman) in addition to Facilitation experience. Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
· Must have valid class 5 driver’s license, safe driving record and own reliable transportation with 3 Million Liability Insurance.
· Valid CPR-C, Non-violent crisis intervention (CPI), and safeTALK (Suicide Awareness) will be provided.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Knowledge and skills in Early Childhood education/development and programming (0-6 yrs) and ability to provide education on child development.
· Knowledge and experience in coaching and modeling appropriate parenting
· Knowledge of pre and post-natal health and wellness education
· Strong group facilitation and presentation skills
· Strong knowledge of community resources, including resources for special needs children
· Ability to assess and identifying family strengths and barriers
· Strong communication, interpersonal and documentation skills
· Strong problem solving and decision making skills
· Ability to work collaboratively with community professionals and families
· Ability to work independently and demonstrate good time management
· Demonstrated professionalism, ethical decision making and accountability
OTHER: This position is 12 hrs/ week. Flexible availability is required to meet program needs Mon- Fri 8:30am – 4:30pm.
Pay starts at $23.23 per hour as per collective agreement.
Successful candidates must provide satisfactory supervisory references, criminal record check (both RCMP and BC Ministry Vulnerable Sector) and safe drivers abstract.
Submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Posting will remain open until filled.