Merritt Family Support Worker- Part Time
- Merritt, BC
Interior Community Services is looking to fill a permanent part-time Family Support Worker position in our Family Service Program in Merritt, BC.
This is an outreach role in Merritt, working closely with individuals and families to support them in their goals and enhance their parenting skills through various means including coaching sessions and home visits. Frequent travel required within the contract areas.
There is opportunity to work the first 6 months full-time (37.5 hours/week).
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree or Diploma in human/social services and minimum one year of recent related experience. Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current CPR level C
- safeTALK and Non Violent Crisis Intervention training (MANDT) will be provided.
- Must have a valid Class 5 driver’s license, own reliable vehicle, with Business Use and 5 million liability insurance and safe driving record (abstract).
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong communication, documentation and writing skills
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate good time management
- Strong knowledge and skills of implementing current research based theories, methods and interventions related to individuals/families dealing with issues of violence, addictions and mental health
- Ability to assess and identify individual/family strengths, challenges and risks and assist families to determine and achieve goals
- Strong ability to provide crisis management when required
- Strong ability to conduct group facilitation
- Ability to work collaboratively with social workers and community professionals
- Demonstrated professionalism, ethical decision making and accountability
- Strong teamwork, collaboration and conflict management skills
This is a part-time 24 hours/week position. There is opportunity to work the first 6 months full-time (37.5 hours/week). May require flexibility to work some evenings. Pay starts at $23.23/hour as per collective agreement.
This position qualifies for employer paid group benefits after the probationary period.
Successful candidates must provide satisfactory supervisory references and criminal record checks (Both RCMP and Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General).
Submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting will remain open until filled.