- Temporary Full-time
Interior Community Services is looking to fill the Temporary Full-time position of Receptionist in Kamloops, BC. This position provides a variety of secretarial, clerical and receptionist duties. The responsibilities include greeting clients, answering the phones, taking payments, issuing receipts, answering and redirecting inquiries when required to appropriate contacts, Meals on Wheels administration and other administrative tasks. Prepares correspondence, reports and other documents. Checks source documents, enters data into accounting systems and other databases and maintains a variety of records as required.This position liaises with staff, clients, the public and community professionals. The successful candidate will have a friendly, courteous and professional attitude towards customer service.
This position is one for one year, or upon the return of the incumbent.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma or Certificate in Business/Office Administration or related field and 1 year related experience providing administrative support and customer service in a busy office setting.
- Proficiency in working with technology and strong skills in Microsoft Office (Outlook email, Word, Publisher, Excel) is required.
- Strong interpersonal and client service skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently with little supervision
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple demands.
- Professional and courteous customer service.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
OTHER:This position is 37.5 hrs/week (Monday to Friday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm). Pay starts at
$17.29 per hour as per the collective agreement.
This position will qualify for group benefit coverage after the probationary period.
Please submit resume with cover letter by March 29th to firstname.lastname@example.org