Youth Justice Worker
- Lillooet, BC
Interior Community Services is looking to fill the regular part-time position of Youth Justice Worker in Lillooet, BC. The Youth Support Worker works in the Intensive Support and Supervision Program (ISSP) which provides an alternative-to-custody sentencing option for youth in conflict with the law, and/or supports the re-integration of young offenders in the community following a period in custody. The Youth Justice Worker assists youth to address factors leading to their illegal behaviours and improve their functioning in the community. This role provides support and monitoring to youth in complying with the conditions of their probation order, and assists the Youth Probation team in providing supervision to young offenders in the community.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree or Diploma in related Human/Social Service field and experience working with young offenders.
- Valid Class V driver’s license, safe driving record, own reliable vehicle insured with Business Use and 5 Million liability
- Valid CPR- C, Non-violent Crisis Intervention (CPI), and Suicide Intervention training (ASIST) training
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Youth Justice System
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and interact effectively and support youth with challenging behaviours
- Strong experience providing support, life skills development, interventions and guidance to youth
- Strong ability to recognize, assess and deal effectively with aggressive/and or physically assaultive behaviour and crisis situations
- Strong ability to uphold policies and procedures and ensure plans are carried out.
- Strong demonstrated ability to develop healthy relationships and boundaries with youth
- Ability to work co-operatively and effectively with co-workers, supervisor and other professionals
- Strong ability to problem solve and make ethical decisions
- Strong time management and ability to meet deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability to adhere to the Code of Ethics, confidentiality, policies and values of ICS
- Must be able to travel frequently and work a flexible schedule to meet client needs
OTHER:This position is 5 hrs/ week. Pay starts at $19.77/hr as per the collective agreement.
Please submit resume with cover letter to:
Interior Community Services
Fax: (250) 376-3040 Phone: (250) 554-3134