Are you a person over the age of 19 years old with an interest in supporting youth and have space in your home? Have you thought about being a Residential Youth Mentor?
As a Mentor you will have the opportunity to:
- Positively influence and enhance the life of a young person
- Learn from and about the challenges that youth face today
- Share some of your life and life experience with a youth
- Have someone share living expenses
- Give back to your community
- Have unique experiences with dynamic young people
- Build lasting relationships
- Learn new skills and challenge yourself to take on a positive role in a youth’s life
Goal of the Residential Youth Mentorship Program:
To provide youth with a short-term (6-12 months) residential experience under the guidance of an adult mentor, along with outside training and support services, that can enable youth to transition successfully into independence.
Mentors will be responsible to:
- Support youth between 16-18 years of age who recognize their need to learn various life skills in order to live successfully on their own.
- Participate in the co-creation of a customized goal plan with the youth and their care team (Social Worker, family, community professionals).
- Assist youth with implementing and adhering to their goals and support changes where necessary to bring about success.
- Meet every 4-6 weeks with staff and other mentors.
- Provide a safe living environment for youth in their home
- Follow emergency and safety protocols when necessary.
- Obtain clear Criminal Record Checks and Ministry of Children and Family Development Prior Contact Checks.
Mentors receive an honorarium and rent for each month a youth is in their home.
If you feel like this may be a fit for you please contact us at email@example.com
Or call Amy-Jean Fournier at 250-319-5209.