Baby's Head Start is a free pregnancy outreach program serving pre and post-natal women.
The goal of the program is to support individuals to have their healthiest pregnancy. This is achieved by providing clients with research and evidence-based information on pregnancy, parenting, and nutrition.
The program provides:
- One-on-one support and education (in office or community)
- Weekly Learning Lunch (education session followed by a healthy meal)
- Access to food share and grocery store gift cards for those in need
- Free prenatal vitamins and vitamin D
- Free prenatal class
- Breastfeeding education and support
- Infant Massage classes, Parent/Child Mother Goose group
- Community Referrals
Who Is Eligible?
Appropriate referrals would be pregnant individuals:
- Living in poverty
- Living with substance misuse
- Living with mental health conditions
- Living in isolation
- New Immigrants/International students
- First-time parents wanting to learn more about pregnancy, parenting, and nutrition
For more information contact the program directly at 778-470-8171
How To Refer:
Pregnant people can self-refer or be referred by community professionals by calling our office or faxing a referral form. Staff will then book an intake appointment. The program is available to all pregnant people that feel they require support in their pregnancy and parenting journey. Parents can stay in the program until baby is 6 months old.
Click on the picture above to read the Baby's Head Start 2021 Program Impact Statement.