Baby's Head Start is a nutrition based program with a focus on healthy lifestyle using a harm reduction approach.
At Baby's Head Start we provide
- A weekly Lunch and Learn (education session and healthy meal)
- Weekly grocery gift cards and bus tickets
- Free prenatal vitamins and free prenatal classes
- Breastfeeding education and support
- In office visits or home visits
- Infant massage and Parent Child Mother Goose after baby is born
Who Is Eligible?
Pregnant women who think they would benefit from the above service including
- Low income women
- Women living with substance use
- Partner abuse
- Single parent homes
- Women living in isolation
- Women with disabilities
- New immigrants
How To Refer:
There are multiple ways to join the Baby's Head start program:
- Referral by a doctor, public health nurse, counselor, friend and / or past participant
A referral is not necessary. Walk-ins are welcome.
Click on the picture above to read the Baby's Head Start 2019 Program Impact Statement.