The rental subsidies are offered through Canadian Mental Health Association and BC Housing Management Corporation as part of the non-profit rent supplement program. The subsidies are portable within the Kamloops and district rental area.
- Rental subsidies are provided to assist with monthly rent supplements to private market rental units for individuals/couples with a low gross household income.
- Subsidies are based on the difference between 30% of client income and the market rent plus an administrative fee.
- There is a maximum rent (ceiling guide) based on bedroom size for the municipal area.
- Each private market rental being considered by the program for accepted subsidized clients must be assessed prior to approval of supplemented payments.
Who Is Eligible?
- Individuals/couples/families with a low gross household income
- Individuals, families and seniors with mental, physical or psychiatric disabilities
- Applicants must meet BC Housing residency requirements, income and asset requirements, and have a satisfactory tenant history.
How To Refer:
- More information can be found online at www.bchousing.org.
- Contact BC Housing Interior Region office 1-800-834-7149.