The priority of the Acadia program is to work within the framework of the
“Housing First Youth Stabilization” model to accommodate young people’s
needs and to provide them with housing and appropriate supports as soon
The program utilizes the nationally recognized Vulnerability Assessment Tool which prioritizes youth based on the level of risk and vulnerability.
The program values encompass the following:
- Youth choice and self-determination
- Individualized and client-driven supports (Youth Housing Support Worker)
- Social and community integration
What We Provide:
- Support youth housed in the Acadia program with:
- Case Management
- Referrals and community connections
- Day to day assistance and trouble shooting
Who Is Eligible?
Youth ages 17 – 24 who are homeless or at risk of homelessness are eligible.
How To Refer:
Youth can be referred using the Acadia Referral Intake Form - click on the form above.
*Please note, youth will also need to complete a Vulnerability Assessment application available through our Youth Street Outreach Centre as well as with many of our community partners who provide housing and advocacy services such as ASK Wellness and the Canadian Mental Health Association.
Click on the picture above to read the Street Outreach, Acadia Youth Transitional Housing, and ReConnect 2019 Program Impact Statement.