Child and Youth Care Workers
- Temporary Full-time and Temporary Part-time
Interior Community Services is looking to fill several temporary full-time and part-time Child and Youth Care Worker positions for the duration of one year. These positions will work within a home environment to develop and maintain a safe, respectful, learning environment for a young female with high needs. The care worker will build strong relationships with the child/youth in order to support them in growth and personal development and will respond effectively to a variety of challenging situations and behaviors with appropriate interventions. Responsibilities include building daily life skills, supporting emotional and physical wellbeing, providing ongoing communication and support to parents, family members, community professionals, Social Workers, etc., meal preparation, maintaining the home (housekeeping and yard work), attending case management meetings, completing required documentation, participation in client focused activities and following program policies and protocols.
REQUIRED EDUCATION,TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma in Human/Social Service or related education and experience working with a care team to support high needs individuals. Or a combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s license, safe driving record, and reliable transportation with Business Use insurance and 5 million liability insurance.
- Current CPR- C certification is required. CPI and Safe Talk training are provided internally.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to build healthy, trusting relationships with all stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively and support children/youth who have experienced trauma
- Demonstrated ability to respond appropriately to challenging behaviours, crisis situations and aggression
- Solid knowledge and application of attachment theory and cognitive behavioural theory
- Strong experience providing life skills support and development, interventions and guidance to youth
- Knowledge and ability to develop and implement client focused schedules, planning, and goal setting
- Ability to work effectively independently and as a strong contributing member of a team
- Ability to follow direction and implement strong critical and analytical thinking in the work applying appropriate policies and procedures
- Strong ability to take initiative to see what needs to be done in the program and follow through
- Strong interpersonal, conflict management, communication and documentation skills
- Ability to run and maintain a home- shopping, cleaning, yard work, cooking, budgeting and meal planning.
- Knowledge and ability to provide and cook healthy nutrition meals
- Ability to assess personal safety of staff and client(s) and respond appropriately
- Demonstrated ability to ensure health and safety
- Ability to provide medication administration as per ICS policy and procedures
- Ability to be physically active and involved in supporting the child/youth in various client focused activities- biking, swimming, walking, hiking etc.
- Ability to work co-operatively and effectively with all stakeholders
Position 3 - 40 hours/week Monday - Friday 11 pm – 7am (Awake Overnight)
Position 6 - 16 hours/week Saturday and Sunday 11 pm – 7am (Awake Overnight)
Position 7 - 20 hours/week Flexible/varied schedule to meet client needs (will include day, evenings and weekend shifts)
OTHER: All positions are paid starting at $18.66/hr as per the collective agreement. Successful candidates must provide satisfactory supervisory references and criminal record checks (both RCMP and Ministry of Justice).
Positions with 20 hrs/week or more will qualify for group benefit coverage after the probationary period, for the duration of the position.
These positions are open to female applicants only. This is a bona fide occupational requirement for support of this client
Please submit resume with cover letter by February 12th at 4:30 pm to email@example.com
Please clearly indicate the position # that you are applying to.