The Youth Justice (Kamloops) - Case Aid (Merritt) Program attempts to lower youth recidivism and reduce the proportion of aboriginal youth in the criminal justice system.
Our work includes:
- Lowering recidivism by working with youth to enhance positive relationships and peer connections
- Supporting youth with life skills, education and employment readiness
- Providing curfew monitoring services
- Organizing, monitoring and support around Community Work Service hours
- An intensive Support and Supervision Program, providing 1-to-1 and intensive support to individuals as required
Who Is Eligible?
The program is open to youth between the ages of 12 to 20, who are involved with the criminal justice system and have a willingness to make positive life changes and improve their life skills and/or personal relationships.
How To Refer:
Youth are referred by the Ministry of Children and Family Development/Youth Probation, and as a condition of a youth justice court order, are required to participate in the program.