The Youth Justice (Kamloops) - Case Aid (Merritt) Program attempts to lower youth recidivism and reduce the proportion of aboriginal youth in the criminal justice system.
Our work includes:
- Lowering recidivism by working with youth to enhance positive relationships and peer connections
- Supporting youth with life skills, education and employment readiness
- Providing curfew monitoring services
- Organizing, monitoring, and supporting Community Work Service hours
- An intensive Support and Supervision Program, providing 1-to-1 and support to individuals as required
Who Is Eligible?
The program is open to youth between the ages of 12 - 20, who are involved with the criminal justice system and have a willingness to make positive life changes and improve their life skills and/or personal relationships.
How To Refer:
Youth are referred by the Ministry of Children and Family Development/Youth Probation, and as a condition of a youth justice court order, are required to participate in the program.