Glenfair Seniors Housing provides long-term subsidized housing with rent geared to income (rent is based on 30% of gross income) for eligible participants.
The complex is located next to a community garden, has spacious grounds, on site laundry, a common recreational room, and a resident social club. The housing is offered in partnership with BC Housing Management Corporation. Non-smoking and pet restriction policies are in effect for all new tenants.
Who Is Eligible?
- People with disabilities who can live independently and are in receipt of a recognized disability pension or are considered disabled for income tax purposes
- Seniors defined as a single person age 55 and older, or a couple where at least one person is age 55 or older
- Single people or a couple with low incomes who are homeless or at risk of homelessness and who do not meet the definition of Senior or People with disabilities
- All applicants must meet BC Housing residency requirements, income and assets requirements and have a satisfactory tenant history.
How To Refer:
- Apply online at: www.bchousing.org
- As the demand for housing exceeds the number of units available, it is not possible to predict when an applicant may receive an offer of accommodation. Different housing providers often have different criteria for prioritizing applicants, examples include:
- Chronological, date by application
- A point system to determine which applicants are in the greatest need