Adult Living Support Worker - Weekends
- Permanent Part-time
Interior Community Services is looking to hire a part-time weekend Adult Living Support Worker to provide care to adults with moderate to severe behavioral and developmental challenges in a home setting. The Support Worker will respond effectively to the client’s needs and behaviors, carries out the behavioral plan, administers medications, performs personal care and feeding, connects and supports individual within the community, builds on capabilities, accompanies on outings and appointments. Is responsible for shopping, cooking, cleaning and general maintenance of the home and yard.
REQUIRED EDUCATION,TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
· Diploma in related Human/Social Service field and 1 year related experience working with individuals with moderate to severe behavioural and developmental challenges. Or equivalent education, training and experience.
·Valid Class 5 driver’s license and safe driving record (abstract)
· Current certifications in Emergency First Aid with CPR-C, Safe Food Handling, CPI and safeTalk
-TB testing showing free from TB
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Demonstrated knowledge and ability to interact effectively and support individuals with moderate to several behavioural and developmental challenges including individuals with Autism.
· Strong experience providing life skills support and development in the home and community
· Ability to provide appropriate behaviour management intervention by following behavioural/care plans of the individuals
· Ability to provide emotional support by teaching coping techniques and adaptive behaviour to clients.
· Strong ability to recognize, analyze and deal effectively with aggressive behaviours and crisis situations using appropriate interventions, including CPI
· Ability to effectively liaise and communicates between client and their care
· Ability to advocate for the best interests of the individuals
· Ability to support clients in gaining independence
· Ability to perform personal care, feeding, seizure protocols, and medication management
· Ability to follow health and safety protocols and procedures
· Knowledge and skill in connecting individuals with appropriate community resources
· Ability to work effectively independently and as a strong member of a team
· Good communication, documentation, interpersonal and conflict management skills
· Ability to work co-operatively and effectively with other professionals, co-workers and supervisors
Other: 32 hours/week. Friday to Monday (4pm - 12am Friday and Saturday, 8am- 4pm Sunday and Monday)
Pay starts at $21.92/hr as per collective agreement. This position qualifies for employer paid group benefits after the probationary period.
Successful candidates must provide satisfactory supervisory references and criminal record checks (Both RCMP and Ministry Vulnerable Sector search)
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Posting will remain open until filled