- Permanent Part-time
Interior Community Services is looking to fill the permanent part-time position of Behavioral Consultant supporting the Gold Trail (Merritt, Ashcroft/Cache Creek, Spence’s Bridge, Lytton and Lillooet/T’Salalth).
The Behavioural Consultant works with children and youth with diverse abilities, their families, care teams and service providers to implement behavioural assessments and create behavioural intervention plans.
This role will include teaching and providing the tools necessary to establish intervention strategies, along with organizing and providing group facilitation.
Merritt will be the home base office, but travel will be frequent.
Clinical Supervision will be provided, along with access to a larger clinical team based in Kamloops.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or related field and a minimum of two years related experience working with children/youth and their families.
- Experience working with special needs children/youth and experience with Play or Art Therapy is an asset.
- Must have a valid Class 5 driver’s license, own reliable vehicle insured with business use and 3 million liability insurance and safe driving record.
- Must have valid CPR-C certification
- safeTALK and non-violent crisis intervention (CPI) training will be provided.
- Assessment, creation, facilitation and implementation of therapeutic, educational and behavioural interventions for children and youth with various diverse needs
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and conflict management skills
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate good time management
- Strong ability to establish and maintain strong, respectful and professional relationships with families as well as social workers and community and school professionals.
- Ability to work collaboratively to support the needs of the client.
- Demonstrated professionalism, ethical decision making and accountability
- Strong facilitation skills
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
OTHER:This position is 27 hrs per week. Flexible work days/hours as required. Pay starts at $31.20/hour as per collective agreement.
This position qualifies for group benefits after the probationary period.
Successful candidates must provide satisfactory references and criminal record checks (Both RCMP and Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General).
Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General).
Please submit resume with cover letter by March 29th to: email@example.com