Casual Community Support Worker
Are you passionate about ensuring inclusion for everyone?
Do you want to support individuals with disabilities to be the best they can be?
Are you interested in having variety in your work?
Are you interested in being involved in the community?
Are you interested in putting your education and experience to use?
Are you interested in finding an organization to grow with?
Interior Community Services is currently looking to hire Community Support Workers to work in Kamloops, BC.
Casuals work in a variety of program which may include:
- Options and Opportunities Day Program
- Community Inclusion & Skill Development
- Home Support
- 2 semi-independent homes for adults (one includes 24 hour live-in shifts)
- 1 fully supported home for 4 adults - specifically we are needing availability for the awake overnight shift and afternoons 3 pm - 11pm.
We are in need of Casuals, as well there is possibilities for casuals to move into Temporary or Permanent positions.
- Community Support Worker Certificate or Human Service Diploma and a recent related experience supporting individuals with disabilities and challenging behaviours. Or a combination of training, education and experience.
- A safe drivers abstract, own reliable transportation and valid Class 5 driver’s license is required. Must be able to obtain Business Use/3 million 3rd party liability insurance
- Valid Emergency First Aid (Community Care) with CPR-C, and TB testing is required
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention, safeTALK, Safe Food Handling, Naloxone and Medication Management training will be provided.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to interact effectively and support individuals with physical and developmental disabilities
- Strong experience providing life skills support and development
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills and documentation
- Strong ability to recognize, analyze and deal effectively with aggressive behaviours and crisis situations using appropriate interventions
- Strong conflict management and time management skills
- Ability to work co-operatively and effectively with other professionals, co-workers and supervisors
- Strong ability to problem solve and make ethical decisions
- Ability and comfort in providing personal care
- Ability to perform household and yard maintenance duties, including cleaning and cooking
- Ability to work independently to carry out program requirements and client’s care plans
- Knowledge of Medication administration, Seizure management, FASD and Autism is an asset
OTHER:We are seeking individuals with flexible availability including evenings, overnights, weekends and 24 hour shifts.
Casuals must provide a minimum of 12 days of availability per month (4 weekdays, 4 weekends and 4 days of choice). Casuals are booked in advance to cover for vacation, stats and planned absences of regular staff and are on-call to cover sick days.
Successful applicants must be able to provide a satisfactory supervisory references, criminal record checks (both RCMP and BC Ministry of Justice).
SALARY: Wages are set by the collective agreement. Hourly programs start at $18.47hr or $19.73/hr and 24 hour shifts start at $235/shift
To apply submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Posting will remain open until filled.